by Bethenny Frankel
Today, I’m sharing ten tips from my book Naturally Thin. If you are a habitual dieter, this should help you get your eating habits in perspective so you can make a lifelong, lasting change that will make you feel great inside and out.
- Your diet is a bank account. The meals you eat throughout the day should balance each other so you’re getting a full complement of nutrients.
- You can have it all, just not all at once. Remember, you have plenty of meals in your future. You don’t have to have pizza, wine, and dessert all in one.
- Taste everything, eat nothing. Be choosy about what you put in your mouth and really taste the food you eat.
- Pay attention. Don’t multitask while eating. Sit down and experience your food at each meal.
- Downsize now! Eat from smaller dishes and you’ll feel satisfied with less.
- Cancel your membership in the clean plate club. You don’t need to finish everything on your plate. Get in the habit of sharing your food or saving leftovers for another meal.
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Make a promise to yourself that you will never binge eat again.
- Know thyself. Customize the way you eat to your personal preferences.
- Get Real. Ditch processed food and go to the source: whole grains, fresh produce and seasonal ingredients are best for your body.
- Good for you. Everything you do should come from a place of caring for and nurturing yourself. Let this be your guide!
For advice on how to implement these tips daily, check out Naturally Thin.