Love this recipe! I’ve made it so many times and my family loves it! I’ve never made it with the chipotle chile in adobo sauce just because I’ve never had it on-hand. Still tastes fabulous! Laura
- 4 ½ tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 6-oz. pkg. smoky tempeh strips, such as Lightlife Fakin’ Bacon
- 1 medium red onion, chopped (about 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 rib celery, chopped (about ⅓ cup)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 4 tsp.)
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1. Heat 2 tsp. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tempeh strips, and sauté 2 minutes on each side.
2. Heat remaining 2 1/2 tsp. oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and thyme, and sauté 6 minutes, or until onion is golden. Stir in black beans, tempeh, broth, garlic and chipotle chile. Bring to a simmer, and reduce heat to low. Cover, and cook 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
3. To reheat, place feijoada in skillet over medium-low heat. Cover, and heat, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes, or until heated through.