You have probably heard of the new study that just came out claiming that The Mediterranean Diet (olive oil, fish, nuts, etc.) is absolutely phenomenal for heart health. Please read Dr.Esselstyn’s response: http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/caldwell-b-esselstyn-jr-m-d-response-to-the-new-england-journal-of-medicine-article-primary-prevention-of-cardiovascular-disease-with-a-mediterranean-diet/
Today, 2,541 people in the US will have a heart attack.
About 2,200 will die of cardiovascular disease.
Diane Suchetka/ Plain Dealer 8/19/2012
Here are the rules of my program in their simplest form:
• You may not eat anything with a mother or a face (no meat, poultry, or fish).
• You cannot eat dairy products.
• You must not consume oil of any kind—not a drop. (Yes, you devotees of the Mediterranean Diet, that includes olive oil, as I’ll explain in Chapter 10.)
• Generally, you cannot eat nuts or avocados.
You can eat a wonderful variety of delicious, nutrient-dense foods:
• All vegetables except avocado. Leafy green vegetables, root vegetables, veggies that are red, green, purple, orange, and yellowand everything in between
• All legumes—beans, peas, and lentils of all varieties.
• All whole grains and products, such as bread and pasta, that are made from them—as long as they do not contain added fats.
• All fruits.
-Chapter 1 Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease-
Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr.